How to install Debian on NAND in A20-MICRO?

Started by iso9660, October 17, 2013, 06:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlucius

Quote from: mauris on June 26, 2014, 03:34:03 PM
Thank you for your help,

The NAND driver is the "nand_driver" file of the "nand_driver.gz" ?
If I understand correctly, the command line "tar-xvf nand_part.gz | dd of = /dev/nand" and "sync" install the driver in the NAND then after a reboot the partions /dev/nanda,  /dev/nandb, /dev/nandc are recognized by the system ?
But I successfully uncompressed nand_part.gz into /dev/nand and reboot

No the NAND first has to be recognized by the kernel. if you boot from sd-card you should have available /dev/nanda for example. if it is not htere, the kernel driver is missing and you need to compile your own kernel or get the one from the post above.

jlucius

Quote from: mauris on June 27, 2014, 12:40:48 PM
I use this image for the SD-card https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-bAEPML8fwlX2tYS2FmNXV5OUU/edit

do you have an entry that shows /dev/nanda (ls /dev/nand*) ?

If not please replace your kernel by this one:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9o2WVSuik0ISk5kdlN2c1hRVWs/edit

(mount sd card or enter in a windows system on first partition and replace uImage file)

then try again

pfandfrei

Installed dabian to NAND today, everything is fine now.

Some tips if you want to try for yourself (it costs me some extra time):
- be aware that you have to reinstall Android first, if you get any trouble while installing and you can not proceed
- you can use the latest image and change the uImage file from post #20
- be sure to mkdir.vfat installed, if not first install dosfstools packet
- be sure to rsync installed, if not first install rsync packet
- be sure you can create /mnt/nanda and /mnt/nandc dir
- double check every step

good luck!

mauris

Thank you for your help again,

When I execute mkfs.vfat ==> error : unable to get drive geometry, using default 255/63

pfandfrei

I had the same message and ignored it. Was no problem at all

mauris

With the command rsync -avc bootloader/* /mnt:nanda error ==> Operation not permitted, but I'm login as root

mauris

No error but after a reboot the card not boot from the NAND

pfandfrei

That's strange, it worked for me. I think you missed something. Try again and start with reinstlling Android. That's what I had to do when I realized, that mkdir.vfat was not installed in first try.

kurzon

Does anyone have this "olinuxino-a20-flashinstall.zip" file please? The link is not working.

Alex293

Hi guys, i have the same problem. I made a debian image but i can't dl your file to put it onto my nand. Can you fix your link to olinuxino-a20-flashinstall.zip file please ? Or can someone share it.
(edit) at least can someone dd his nand ?
Thanks

Sincerely, Alexis

Mad Demus

Quote from: kurzon on July 07, 2014, 10:59:02 PM
Does anyone have this "olinuxino-a20-flashinstall.zip" file please? The link is not working.

Should be working again. The damn virtual server have some issues from time to time, but now it is alive :-)

kurzon

Alex293