Shield ecg/emg oscillation problem

Started by mustafa40, September 30, 2013, 05:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustafa40

Hi My Friends, I'm using Olimex Shield Ecg/Emg. I have a problem. When I had placed electrodes in the sine signal observed oscilloscope and  matlab. Observing the same signal again when I disconnect. Why this is happening ?
Thank you for your interest.. Good work..

LubOlimex

Hey mustafa40,

You have probably started some demo software (design/project) in the MATLAB. Try with the default software available at the shield's web-page (electric guru).

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

mustafa40

Thank you LubOlimex for interest.
Shield produces the output signal is 50 Hz. I downloaded simulation and software. How can I Electric guru software? Do you have a document or a link? (Example:ECG Shield and Computer connect..)

mustafa40

Hi all friends,
I'm using ECG/EMG Olimex shield with Matlab Data Acquisition Toolbox. I'm using as device the NIDAQ USB 6009.But I have a problem. That problem EMG circuit output signal can't see at MATLAB. EMG circuit electrodes (muscle signal) does not detect. When the test is working electrodes. What is the problem in the circuit?
Thank you so much..

LubOlimex

Hey mustafa,

SHIELD-EKG-EMG is meant to be used with a host board that has the Arduino-compatible shield connectors. I don't know how are you using it (probably stand alone?) but if this is the case then you would face a lot of problems since SHIELD-EKG-EMG doesn't have own microcontroller. If you are using host board then I can't find what board exactly you are using. If it is either Arduino, Pinguino or Maple board you might download the needed software libraries for the board and then the needed Elect Guru software from the web-page of the board. There is a good explanation on how to use Elec Guru in the user's manual also available at the same page.

SHIELD-EKG-EMG's web-page: https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/Shields/SHIELD-EKG-EMG/
Direct link to Elec Guru: https://www.olimex.com/Products/EEG/OpenEEG/EEG-SMT/resources/ElecGuru40.zip
Direct link to the user's manual: https://www.olimex.com/Products/EEG/OpenEEG/EEG-SMT/

What I mean is that we have never used MatLAB with our boards and I can't find any information that MatLAB works with OpenEEG data protocol at all. It would be much better idea to test with already tested software (like ElecGuru) to determine if there is hardware or software fault.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

shindy41

Hello,

I have the same problem. I tried to integrate the Arduino I/O packet from MathWorks with the ECG code from Olimex and after to verify a message appear saying that the veryfication was done, but when I run my code on MATLAB a error message appear:

"Warning: Unsuccessful read: Matching failure in format.
Error using arduino (line 122)
Unknown sketch. Please make sure that a sketch provided with the package is running on the board. "

Does anyone have the same problem or know a way to work it?

Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Victor