Did I accidentally fry the LiPo charger on my Olimexino-32u4?

Started by JimC, September 27, 2013, 04:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic


A friend gave me a LiPo battery he had lying around yesterday. When I connected it today the charger IC started smoking a bit (instant disconnect, of course!) and gave of that awful burnt electronics smell :(. I took a look at the schematic and measured the pins. There is no voltage on the VBAT pin, I dont think that's normal. Also, the CE pin is connected to ground while the schematic shows that it is connected to +5V, possible blooper? Edit: the board still works, and the polarity of the battery was right. The battery itself was faulty, i immediately threw it away. Still no clue on the charger, though.