Debian on uSD

Started by armandob, September 11, 2013, 01:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armandob

Hi all,
today i buyed a uSD 16GB 200x (30MB/s) SanDisk class 10 and dd debian r2 a20 image on it.
At boot i see only 2 penguins for more 1 minute, after i see login.

A strange think is that the only led that i see is red with static light (no blink), all others leds are off.

startx launch xfce4 fine but sometimes i see noise box, if i move mouse it disappear.

i tryed also fedora 19 remix image, in this case there is also green led power on static but i have always hdmi signal off (i verified that script is for hdmi).

rev of my A20 is D

could you help me ?

regards
Armando

tlhingan

Debian 7 R2 on uSD is also the only thing that will boot my board.
The 2 penguins are normal during the boot process, there there is no LED activity except the solid red.
Can you describe what the noise box is?

armandob

sometimes (es: when i resize quickly a window) i see random black box rectangular with vertical lines green and brown that disappear on next video refresh (es: mouse move)

could be a video driver problem ?

ps: it's normal 1 minute about for boot on uSD class 10 ?

pps: i would like to use also VGA but i don't find cable on olimex to convert 6-pin <> VGA someone have also this problem ?

thanks
Armando

tlhingan

Quote from: armandob on September 11, 2013, 09:15:11 AM
ps: it's normal 1 minute about for boot on uSD class 10 ?
Sometimes it takes a while to boot. 1 minute sounds about right.

pps: i would like to use also VGA but i don't find cable on olimex to convert 6-pin <> VGA someone have also this problem ?
They have HDMI for graphics, or a neat LCD touchscreen.

tlhingan

sometimes (es: when i resize quickly a window) i see random black box rectangular with vertical lines green and brown that disappear on next video refresh (es: mouse move)
could be a video driver problem ?
Now I remember having similar issues when I was using the HDMI output, but not with the LCD touchscreen.
We need to keep in mind that the current build (Debian 7 R2) does not have full support for the graphics chip.
I understand that the next release by Olimex (is it here yet? is it here yet?) will allow better support for the graphics chip.

armandob

i used also this images:
Cubieez, Debian 7.1 ARMHF + MALI 400 + G2D
http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,442.0.html

also if this is for cubieboard, it boot and also this have same strange video problems.