March 29, 2024, 01:46:46 AM

PIC-GSM HOW TO GET STARTED

Started by kenndo2, July 26, 2013, 10:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenndo2

I JUST PURCHASE THE PIC-GSM DEVELOPMENT BOARD, I OBSERVED THAT WHEN I DOWNLOADED THE SOFTWARE FROM YOUR SITE, IT REQUIRED A PASSWORD FOR ME TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE VARIOUS CODES... PLEASE I NEED HELP, SECONDLY THE COMPONENT WAS SHIP TO ME WITHOUT ANY JUMPER CABLE ATTACHED TO IT. LASTLY I AM NOT FAMILAR WITH AT COMMAND OPERATIONS PLEASE I NEED HELP... AS I INTEND TO INTERFACE SENSORS TO THE BOARD AND TRANSMIT SAME DATA VIA THE GSM MODULE BUILD ON THE BOARD TO MY PHONE... PLEASE GUESS I COULD GET SUPPORT FROM SOMEONE WHOSE HAS WORKED WITH THE PIC-GSM DEVELOPMENT BOARD....
THANKS

LubOlimex

Hey kenndo2,

1. The password for the archive is located in "Olimex License Agreement.pdf". We were politely asked by Microchip to respect their code policy and let our customers know about the policy they are adopting using our code.

2. The Olimex stand-alone boards usually don't feature additional components like the jumper cable you speak about. We have UEXT cables in our expansion "MOD-" boards.

3. About the commands for the PIC-GSM module I recommend you to check the "Documents" section at https://www.olimex.com/Products/PIC/Development/PIC-GSM/

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

kenndo2

Thank you so much for your reply, currently the program i got could not compiled as i got error message indicating that the header files stdint.h, gsm-hw.h, gsm.h utils.h.that the header files are not defined.
my intentions was to run the gsm program in other for to test communication between the gsm module and the my phone set using the AT command. i am using the C18 complier and ICD3 programmer.

please i need support for me to complie, build the codes on the hardware. please all comment shall be appreciated.

Thanks

ken

kenndo2

Hello assisitance on how to get started with the PIC-GSM board will be highly appreciated please.. i observed that the header file compiler.h was missing from the demo-program downloaded from the internet. please i need help urgently as the date of submission of my project is fast approaching...

Thank you in advance.

Kenndo2

LubOlimex

Hello kenndo2,

I compiled PIC-GSM code multiple times successfully. The key to successful compiling is using the same compiler as mentioned in the "Read Me!.txt" note. In this case this is PIC18 C Compiler 3.40 (the MPLABX compilers won't do the job).

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX

kenndo2

Hello,
Please i have a challenge i just encountered now, the PIC-GSM board does not light up the led that usually comes up when ever the board is connected to the power supply..

please what could be the problem and relatively confused over the issue right now.

thanks for your help in advance.

waiting to hear from someone please

LubOlimex

Hey there,

I have few questions, that might give me better idea of whether the problem is hardware or software one. Please take the time to give us some more answers:

1. Which LED exactly stopped working?

2. Is it possible that you have programmed the LED to behave differently?

3. Did you change any jumpers recently?

4. Is it possible that the battery got discharged and the board doesn't receive enough power? Please try both powering modes from section "Power Supply Circuit" (page 9) in the datasheet: https://www.olimex.com/Products/PIC/Development/PIC-GSM/resources/PIC-GSM.pdf

5. Are you sure your power supply is good enough?

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX

kenndo2

1. the status LED that normally blinks up when powered up from the default stage. non of the LED is currently blinking.

2. I did not think so... i did a program for LCD interfacing when it was sent to the chip i observed that after some few minutes that the status LED had stop blinking.

3. i did not change the jumper dey are still at the default stage. but the board is been powered using a DC 12 Volts supply from the lab.

4. i am not sure because i have never powered the board via the battery,it has also been through the DC 12 volts supply.

5. I am certainly sure.

my observation is that the programmer still identifies the board but am are afraid if there is a disconnection internally that could have caused the board LED to stop blinking.

please any assistance will be highly appreciated.

lastly can get a 5 volts supply from any of the pins either in (extension 1 or 2)because i intend to power up my LCD display from the microcontroller pins.

thanks