A20 Android Image with Ethernet and USB

Started by HeHoPMaJIeH, August 17, 2013, 02:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurch

and that's your vacation?  LOL
Thank you!

stulluk

Hi, could you please explain how to use this image on A20 board?

Write to NAND Flash by using PhoenixSuit? Or use dd and write to SD card?

(pls see next message)

stulluk

I checked WIKI today again, and succesfully wrote the image to our A20 board. Thank you very much who updated the wiki..

My test results:

1) In previous image, Ethernet and Bottom USB was not working, in this image they both works. However, bottom SD card still not working, and I also couldn't be able to check touch screen, because the kernel SDK was not available????

2) In my A20 board, there is a NAND_E jumper ( only PADS ? ) on the bottom side of the PCB, however I didn't need to touch it for updating NAND? I just entered Recovery mode, and had to select "YES" to delete the NAND. Firstly I selected NO, but that time update wasn't succesfull...

3) After updating, I had many troubles, because by default, system enters sleep mode in 60 seconds, and never go back again ( Tried RS232 console, tried USB HID devices, mouse, keyboard...etc) ??? I fixed this by connecting A20 to my LG 42LA640 LEDTV and modifying settings by using Logitech K260...

4) HDMI resolution is set to 1024x600 and can not be changed by settings ??? Hardcoded to kernel? How to change this?

5) I have many questions now:

- we need uboot/kernel sources ASAP please.. In order to test our capacitive touch, we need to add its driver to kernel, so we need the source of it..
   - Please somebody explain, how to install A20 SDK correctly, what are the steps basically ?
   - How to create those images like in the 1st post above, which are directly be written to NAND Flash? How do you create them? Are there any DUMP tool, that we could read NAND image?
   - what is the flash address map of A20? uboot address, kernel address, rootfs partitions?
   - In current SDK, there are some uboot and kernel source, can't we use them to create same image in the 1st post? Are there any patch files that can be applied to A20 SDK directly?
   - How to change default output from HDMI to LCD ?

Thanks so much for replies...