OS upgrade to Ubuntu on Olimex A20

Started by easy, August 17, 2013, 01:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easy

[img]Hi,

I am new to Olimex A20 and I have purchased a board. I need to upgrade the OS on NAND to Ubuntu, using PhoenixSuit version 1.0.7, but when the upgrade starts it progresses only up to 3%  then I am prompted with an error message which is in Chinese.

I would like to know if anyone has had a similar problem? I appreciate if anyone could help me what to do to solve the problem.

XFer

Where did you find the Ubuntu Flash Image for A20?

From what I know, at the moment only Android is supported for the NAND flash; the various Linux flavors work only from the microSD card, because they have yet to prepare a compatible flash image.

Fernando

easy

Quote from: XFer on August 17, 2013, 06:16:17 PM
Where did you find the Ubuntu Flash Image for A20?

From what I know, at the moment only Android is supported for the NAND flash; the various Linux flavors work only from the microSD card, because they have yet to prepare a compatible flash image.

Fernando

I know Olimex doesn't refer to any other OS except Android for NAND, but I've found Ubuntu version for A20 in Cubie website. Basically, they should not be different because both CPUs are made by Allwinners.

XFer

The CPU is the same, but the board is different. I'm not sure the NAND implementation (address etc.) is 100% compatible.

Fernando