April 24, 2024, 09:43:31 AM

ARM-USB-OCD-H + Freescale K60

Started by norton256, July 25, 2013, 03:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton256

Hello,

I have been running with OpenOCD and a Freescale K60 tower system for many months waiting for our custom hardware to come in. It has finally arrived, and I've been attempting to load code and debug on it with an ARM-USB-OCD-H. I am constantly seeing JTAG-DP STICKY errors, no matter how slow I set the clock to (10kHz). It also causes the JTAG connection to drop quite often. A couple of times I have managed to download code, and set a break point, but only for the connection to reset.

I am hoping to try the ARM-USB-OCD-H with the tower system to see how that goes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

LubOlimex

Hey norton256,

Have you stumbled upon this thread full of helpful answers on the subject: https://community.freescale.com/thread/95914 ?

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

norton256

I have come across that thread as well, which was why we purchased the ARM-USB-OCD-H. Their configuration isn't much different than mine other than that they are using the ARM-USB-TINY. No reference to the issues I'm having in that thread.

LubOlimex

Hey norton256,

What is your software setup? When the sticky errors show up - when debugging, when programming, just when staying connected? Can you paste a bit of the reports?

I recommend you also to write in the mail list in OpenOCD. There are a lot of the people that commit and maintain OpenOCD and are far skilled than any software developer here at Olimex.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex