Connect MOD-GSM via MOD-RS232 to Uart of LPC2378-STK

Started by BorisPoku, July 18, 2013, 10:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BorisPoku

Hi ,

I would like to connect MOD-GSM via MOD-RS232 to Uart of LPC2378-STK. Is it possible? can I talk to GSM module via UART of LPC2378?  (I need UEXT connector of lpc2378 for other purpose).

Thanks,
Boris

LubOlimex

Hello Boris,

This wouldn't work out-of-the-box. First of all both MOD-RS232 and LPC2378-STK have female connectors. Then again the MOD-RS232 would bring a single RX and a single TX - for PC communication; while the LPC2378-STK has 4-data wire UART - of course, you can use only the two meaningful signals.

So basically you would need to use wires or mount custom connectors on hardware level.

On software level you would need to communicate with via the RS232 line, it shouldn't be much of a problem to find an implementation.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

BorisPoku

Hi,

Ok, clear, thanks! So additional question - if I connect appropriate pins of MOD-GSM uext connector to LPC2378-STK uart, can I work with MOD-GSM from  LPC2378-STK uart?

Thanks,
Boris

LubOlimex

Hey Boris,

Yes, if you connect RX to TX and vice verse - yes both can work together via the UART. I recommend you to refer to the schematics of both boards to get the picture clearer.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex