Unable to Boot Android from SD card

Started by Tanshaydar, June 08, 2013, 07:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanshaydar

Yet another failure :)

I have A13-OlinuXino (w/o NAND & WiFi). This was what I was given by my boss. I was told to use SD card to boot. I went ahead with prebuild Debian images. I plugged in a monitor trough VGA and a cordless keyboard/mouse set trough USB. They both worked like a charm. I was gonna go for i2c protocols when my boss said that I needed to boot Android.

I have a 8GB Sandisk SD card, which was able to boot Debian without any problems. I followed instructions here:
http://linux-sunxi.org/Boot_Android_from_SdCard

I used many different Android prebuild images (well, I have to use virtualbox to use linux, so building an image from scratch proves to be a matter of space and process power) and different kind of script.bin's, from git and forum posts, even from wiki.

In the end, I have a SD card which is partitioned and all the necessary files are written in it. However, when I plug in the card and boot my device, there is no reaction on my monitor. I specifically went for VGA supported images and script.bin, but still no luck.

Anyone managed to boot Android from SD card? Or do I have to order A13 w/ WiFi and NAND, which comes with Android pre-installed?
Does my build works but does not give VGA output (is that possible)?

Regards, Tansel.