a10s - no otg port showing up in linux, android nand does boot...

Started by maya-synergy, May 31, 2013, 06:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maya-synergy

Hi,

I just received my a10s (rev.c) and wondering if the root console is routed through uart0 instead?

the android nand image only gets as far as the silver animated android loading page and sits there forever.

I also have hte debian SD iamge, which does boot and after 20 seconds or so does display a login screen but none of usb keyboards I've tried seem to work, with or without a hub either.

Any suggestions? or extra documentation for hte a10s?

Best,
Maya.

flashpowertom

Booting from the Debian microSD card, I managed to get my usb keyboard working on the USB Host port, but connected through a basic USB host.
Still looking for the login/passwd on the distro, and additional information on the various switches and ports of the board.
No user manual out there?

isidoro

Quote from: maya-synergy on May 31, 2013, 06:13:37 PM
Hi,

I just received my a10s (rev.c) and wondering if the root console is routed through uart0 instead?

the android nand image only gets as far as the silver animated android loading page and sits there forever.

I also have hte debian SD iamge, which does boot and after 20 seconds or so does display a login screen but none of usb keyboards I've tried seem to work, with or without a hub either.

Any suggestions? or extra documentation for hte a10s?

Best,
Maya.
I am in your same conditions, a10s arrived with android installed on 4gb flash but it stucks at the silver animated android.Unfortunately I havent'got the sd card with debian image . Can anyone put its image online?

olimex

hi
please be a bit patient
as you know Allwinner is supporting only Android, so all the Linux support is on the linux-sunxi community
you can't expect that there will be complete linux support few weeks after the first A10s development boards are released - this is the purpose of the DEVELOPERS edition - it's build for the developers who to work on the Linux support.
USB-OTG have issue related to the new AXP152 chip, this is not in the linux-sunxi git yet, but Dimitar Gamishev successfully solved it today, so he will submit patches to Linux-Sunxi and there will be some time these patches to be accepted and merged
so everything will come step by step but if you want to use this board as end customer and not as developer you will have to wait a bit untill every driver is made and everything works under Linux, the Android support is complete and everything works fine to the best of my knowledge
Tsvetan

olimex

what power supply do you use? Also note that first time Android boots it have to initialize lot of bufferts etc so it may take 3-4 minutes, you should not power off the board meantime!

maya-synergy

Quote from: olimex on June 05, 2013, 08:06:22 AM

what power supply do you use? Also note that first time Android boots it have to initialize lot of bufferts etc so it may take 3-4 minutes, you should not power off the board meantime!

5v 4A regulated dc supply. Mine has sadly only made it to the silver android even with a generous first boot, and today it's been about 3 hours and still stuck there :(

Same power supply is fine for the debian SD image to boot up, but as I mentioned, can't get a usb keyboard working.

LubOlimex

Hey maya,

Probably the Android image stored on the NAND got corrupted by power up/power down events during reading/writing. Once we have the NAND image uploaded you should reflash the NAND via the USB mini connector using LiveSuit.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex