Rebuild of Maxi-web code to fit onto T795 board

Started by GrahamS, May 30, 2013, 09:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamS

Hi,

I am trimming out the graphics, sdcard and tcp from your pic32 maxi-web to use as a base for the smaller board.

I will add sdcard and tcp back later when I have added the hardware.

Right now I have a strange problem. Copied the code for maxi-web and deleted all but FreeRTOS and Main projects.

Cleaned out all code for the additional tasks and the code now builds - ALMOST !!.

If I try to build the main project it simply says that FreeRTOS.a does not exist.

If I try to build FreeRTOS (which I haven't changed) - it fails with :

c:/program files (x86)/microchip/mplab c32 suite/bin/../lib/gcc/pic32mx/4.5.1/../../../../pic32mx/lib/crt0.o: In function `_main_entry':
libc/startup/crt0.S:(.text+0x0): undefined reference to `main'
Intermediary\tasks.o: In function `vTaskSwitchContext':
D:\GS\PicProjects\Pic32_T795H\FreeRTOS/Source/tasks.c:1851: undefined reference to `vApplicationStackOverflowHook'
D:\GS\PicProjects\Pic32_T795H\FreeRTOS/Source/tasks.c:1852: undefined reference to `vApplicationStackOverflowHook'

I seem to be in a catch22 situation, but can't understand why the FreeRTOS library should be dependent on the main code.....

NB The vApplicationStackOverflowHook is still defined in main.c

I can only guess that there is some config I have to add to FreeRTOS ???? - but how is it linked to the main project ????.

Many Thanks

regards

Graham

GrahamS

OK,

Fixed it myself.....

Seem I was using the later V1.03 source code (built to fix some XC32 issues ??).

Seems that the StackMacros.h file under FreeRTOS has changed in this version.

So - reverted back to the FreeRTOS source from the V1.0 (or is that V1.01 ??) build and FreeRTOS now builds - and my app thus builds as it has a valid lib file to link with.

Regards

Graham