April 28, 2024, 07:10:15 PM

we bougth broken MOD-GPS???

Started by bizarre, May 26, 2013, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bizarre

Hi! I asked the question about MOD-GPS with A13-olinuxino troubles, nobody gives me the answer.
And now, I found that the olimex's demo code for STM32-LCD has a code for get coords from MOD-GPS, so I burned compilled by olimex binary (directly from an archive) to my STM32-LCD and have a text "GPS not connected or no valid data". So I want to know now - does it work or have we bought a broken MOD-GPS???

We have also troubles with a MOD-RS485ISO and olimex don't answered by our questions, and I don't understand why this is so hard.

olimex

can you connect MOD-GPS to any USB-UART cable and check the output? this is the easiest way to check if MOD-GPS works or not

there is blog post how to connect MOD-GPS to A13-OLINUXINO and code on GitHub

to receive support you should mail your question to support@olimex.com, MOD-RS485-ISO project is also on GitHub

bizarre

thx for a reply.

I will try check it with USB-UART converter

there is blog post how to connect MOD-GPS to A13-OLINUXINO and code on GitHub
> in another topic I wrote that this example doesn't work with my mod, because there is nothing comes from ttyS0 and when I connect it to UEXT near UART1 the board not powered on.

MOD-RS485-ISO project is also on GitHub
> thx, I will try it soon, because priority in our project now changed from RS485 to GPS