A20-OLinuXino first prototypes work fine

Started by olimex, May 24, 2013, 12:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olimex

Dante

olimex

the developer edition will be ready for sale in few days

areslee

Will you provide Android SDK to developer? Otherwise we will wait for linux.

olimex

A20-OLinuXino-MICRO for the moment have Android 4.2.2 bootable image from both NAND and SD-card
Dimitar is working on Linux implementation and we will have Linux for NAND and SD-card in the next days

the A20-SDK is 4 GB and pretty useless unless you want to make your own Android image as it's as usuall with binary blobs for all interesting stuff

Dante

Are you planning to release a version with network support 1Gbit?
For example based on the chip Micrel KSZ9031RNX

olimex

for the moment we do not think for 1G Ethernet version neither for 2GB RAM :)

iso9660

I'm very interested in this model. I'd like to know where can I get the bootloader files, the fex files, the kernel sources and the kernel .config to compile it propertly.

Also I'd like to know whether the SATA port is working propertly with the current kernel version.

olimex

for the moment we got A20-SDK which builds just Android 4.2.2
linux-sunxi have no uboot, no kernel etc support for A20
some boards will be mailed to linux-sunxi developers so they can add support to linux-sunxi project
meantime Dimitar Gamishev ran Linux on his A20-board (first protos we made last week) and now works on the different modules to make them work, using Allwinners uboot and kernel
the original Allwinner SDK have no support for SATA, Ethernet etc as they target tablets, so Dimitar now work to add these

Dante

I do not understand, the board has power switch button?

This is the version for developers, but it will be another version?

P.S. Very good project

K_Project

Oh wonderful!! ;D I can't wait for linux on this board!!

Lurch

Nice board. Slight problems on boot, but they were due to an undersized power supply. Bigger supply works fine.

A20 Android with 10" TFT doesn't recognize the on-board Ethernet, but a USB Ethernet plug-in is recognized and after selection in "settings" works OK. Is this normal?

olimex

the support is not completed, so yes, there are some glitches with the software
Allwinner Android SDK do not support wired Ethernet
Dimitar is working on Debian and Android images which support all peripherials

Autom01

Hi Olimex,

I just received the A20 model. Do you know when prebuilt debian image will be released ?
Is it possible to use A13 image for the moment ?

olimex

there is preliminary image but it doesnt support all hardware features