NO VGA output / couldn't boot from sd card

Started by asdasd, May 17, 2013, 12:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdasd

So I got the board a few days ago, installed the debian as described in the wiki, plugged in a VGA monitor to the board, plugged the sd card and then the power adapter, the board starts working, but nothing is displayed on my VGA Monitor.
I reformatted the sd card and installed debian again - same thing.
Tried ArchLinux, same stuff.
Any idea what's going on?

JohnS

Which board and how exactly are you writing to the card?

What PSU are you using?

John

olimex

which board?
which image? there are many on the wiki and some of them are headless i.e. no VGA
what power supply?

asdasd

Quote from: olimex on May 17, 2013, 09:53:39 AM
which board?
which image? there are many on the wiki and some of them are headless i.e. no VGA
what power supply?
I am sorry for not providing the said info earlier!
I am using the Olimex power supply.
A13-OLinuXino board.
mele_debian_armhf_minimal.cpio.gz (the link provided in the wiki) is my debian image.
If this image is the headless, this could very well be the problem.
But does this mean, that the image provided by archlinuxarm website is headless as well?

olimex

I never stop wondering why on earth you do not start with the OFFICIAL image which we provide, this is at leats tested by us and we ship with the SD-cards we provide
all other experimental images may work or may not work, we never tested them, they are provided by the community

https://www.olimex.com/wiki/Prebuilt_SD_card_images_running_debian

I even cant find where is this mele-minimal image in our wiki, so probably you start building your own image following my blog post, while this is also possible route, it's more difficult than to use the pre-build images on the link above which are proven to work and you only have to write to SD card