VLC with cedarx support

Started by WimRoose, March 30, 2013, 05:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WimRoose

Hi guys

Maybe rather a VLC question, but since it concerns VLC with cedarx support, I ask the question on the A13 forum.
I successfully compiled VLC with Cedarx support on A13 Debian Image (R18), following http://linux-sunxi.org/VLC. However, I want to play a 16:9 file on an old 4:3 screen, but VLC refuses to scale to a letterboxed movie. It plays full screen, stretched. I've tried to solved that via extra command line options, but VLC seems to ignore those when using codec cedar (cvlc --demux ffmpeg --codec cedar --vout cedarfb --no-osd <media file>). Anyone an idea? I want to use the A13 as a media player. Android's HD player does exact the thing I want, but Android's harder to control and automate.

tnx!

Wim

WimRoose

I finally found a solution. Libcedarx plays media files fullscreen by default, this is hardcoded in libcedarx.c. But if I change values of

layer_info.scn_win.x = 0;
            layer_info.scn_win.y = 96;
            layer_info.scn_win.width = 1024;
            layer_info.scn_win.height = 576;

in function cedarx_result_e libcedarx_display_video_frame(cedarx_picture_t *picture) of libcedarx.c, and compile the libcedarx libs again, VLC plays the file nicely in 16:9 on my 4:3 screen, in the middle of the screen (without cropping). I'm using the 1024 x 768 VGA resolution. Tested with 1024 x 576 and 1280 x 720 files.

Cheers

Wim

drspastic

great, and how is video? smooth and fast? can vlc integrate into browser for youtube etc? if so please upload it as a deb or better still just get it onto the main repository for debian