"Headless" A13 hangs at boot

Started by Swifty, March 26, 2013, 09:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swifty

Hi,

I have a problem that my A13 Olinuxino board with the 7" touchscreen wont boot without a serial connection. I guess this is because it wont register any keyboard input device when the serial is disconnected and therefore wont boot.

The kernel is the latest from linux-sunxi git repository, and the rootfs is one of the debian images from the Wiki (can't remember the exact one).

There is no output shown on the monitor, and nothing to see in any log.

And no, I won't take it as an solution to connect a keyboard or serial cable everytime I need to boot it :)

How is it possible to make it boot headless?

Thanks.

JohnS

Try a few different images and make note of which does / doesn't work as people cannot guess for you.

It's known to work so you likely picked one that has problems even if you don't know which one.

John

Swifty

Quote from: JohnS on March 26, 2013, 10:11:00 PM
Try a few different images and make note of which does / doesn't work as people cannot guess for you.

It's known to work so you likely picked one that has problems even if you don't know which one.

John

Thanks for your response.
But, it is not about guessing it's about setup, and how to do it. Unfortunately I don't know what to setup in order to boot headless - that's why I am asking you experts on this forum.

JohnS

Swifty

Quote from: JohnS on March 27, 2013, 01:53:04 AM
See my 2nd sentence.

John

You suggested to change the whole image, not a setting? The SD card is setup with a lot of additional stuff, so changing the whole image with rootfs and boot would be pretty much waste of time when I know linux can be setup to boot headless.

JohnS