April 28, 2024, 06:45:53 AM

MOD-ZIGBEE-PIR default behaviour

Started by Ka Kay Achacoso, March 25, 2013, 11:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Kay Achacoso

Hello,

I have an existing Zigbee network with a Zigbee coordinator associated with several Zigbee endpoints.  I would like to have the Olimex MOD-ZIGBEE-PIR sensor join the same network.

I do not have the programmer to change the program on the MOD-ZIGBEE-PIR.  When taken straight out of the box with no reprogramming, can the MOD-ZIGBEE-PIR look for existing Zigbee networks and request to join that network?

Right now, when I apply power to the MOD-ZIGBEE-PIR module, the module issues 4 data requests to PAN ID 0xffff and destination address 0x147F.  My network has no nodes at 0x147F.  How can I reset the MOD-ZIGBEE-PIR so that it executes a zigbee Beacon Request followed by an Associate Request?

Thank you.

LubOlimex

Hey Ka Kay,

The firmware of MOD-ZIGBEE boards (including the PIR) is based on the MRF24J40 demo example that is part of the Microchip Application Libraries (slightly modified for hardware compatibility).  This is the application note about MRF24J20: http://www.newark.com/pdfs/techarticles/microchip/AN1232A_ZigBee2006.pdf - MicroChip ZigBee2006(TM) Stack  v2.0-2.6.0a Coordinator.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex