April 25, 2024, 10:03:12 AM

SD Card

Started by charliep, March 08, 2013, 05:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliep

I am using the STM32 board as a datalogger using a 8GB microSD card- it passed all initial tests perfectly, however a short time after being installed in the test rig SD.begin(25); started throwing up errors and is no longer able to write to the card.
No code was changed between the functioning and non-functioning runs, and I have been trying to get to the bottom of it for the last 5 hours or so. A quick response would be appreciated as I have limited time in the wind tunnel for testing.
Thanks

olimex

check your power supply for glitches which may interference with card write signals

charliep

power supply seems to be fine, a single cell LiPo battery (it's a rotating rig).
about 1 run in 20 it works (OP was on run 17) - there are currently 2 competing theories in the lab, either the contacts are dodgy. My theory is that the 2 contacts in the SD card housing, which I think are there to provide a 'Card present' signal are being forced to contact, despite the card being present, by the rather tight fit of the rig on the board. If this is a possibility would removing the 2 contacts fix this?
Sorry if this seems like a bit of a dumb question, my specialization is in aeromechanics and this is the first electronic's I've done in years.