sunxi_wdt

Started by marvin, March 25, 2013, 06:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvin

Hi,
I have problem with sunxi watchdog driver. When I run  watchdog program from busybox it's pool /dev/watchdog.
When I kill it, it unexpectly closes device kernel prints info about it but board doesn't reset. A must open and unexpectly close watchdog second time to board reboots. Have anybody  the same experience ?

Thanks Dan

murerten

Hello,

I experienced the same thing. I execute:

echo "M" > /dev/watchdog

First nothing happens. When I execute it again system reboots after ~15-16 seconds. However once it rebooted the first time I tried. I cannot trust it. I saw other sunxi_wdt drivers on the net. I'll try them and if they work reliably I'll tell you.

The dmesg messages are:

<2>[   59.690138] sunxi_wdt: unexpected close, not stopping watchdog!
<2>[  106.816497] sunxi_wdt: unexpected close, not stopping watchdog!

murerten

There are different drivers out there. Some say his driver has DT-support (I don't know what that is). I want a driver that works for 3.0 kernel.

I don't know what is the problem with HNO's sunxi_wdt driver really? I open the device, keep sending, then close unexpectedly. And it says unexpectedly. Nothings wrong here. But system doesn't restarts... until I try it for a second time. Does it stop it when I close the device? Does any of these driver implementers tested it?