March 29, 2024, 08:34:11 AM

STM32

Started by Nikorun, October 30, 2013, 01:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikorun

Hi,

I can't really understand if the Olimex STM32 cards are compatible with Arduino, but by compatible I Mean that I could program them with Maple or Arduino IDE.

... or if there is only the Olimexino one that I can handle with Arduino like environnement.

My final goal is to implement GPIO and Modbus overs serial communication to make a PLC remplacement of the MEGA.

I've read other topic on this subject, at Mapple for example, they could suit my needs but Olimex cards seems very powerfull as they have some good options, like LiPo mlanagement ..

Thanks a lot.

LubOlimex

Hello Nikorun,

At the moment the only Olimex ARM board that is fully compatible with Maple IDE is OLIMEXINO-STM32.

It would require proper bootloader software and a compatible Maple IDE/Arudino IDE configuration to make other Olimex ARM boards work with one of the IDEs mentioned.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Nikorun

Thanks LubOlimex,

I'm now sûre I'm looking at the right device !
Just for the other gays who would do the same thing, the DUE is also realy indicated for the job but I'ven't Heard very good things about it.

Perhaps I'll investigate with a OlinuxIno,card,if it's possible to easily access the gpio with perl, the language I'm familiâr with ...

Bye