Unable to program Olimex E2468 using a JTAG ARM-USB-Tiny-H

Started by aruns06, October 01, 2013, 07:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aruns06

Hi

I am trying to program Olimex E2468 using a JTAG ARM-USB-Tiny-H. The drivers are installed properly and is shown in the device manager. I have installed the packages for  Olimex E2468. I was able to detect the JTAG ARM-USB-Tiny in the Tagets. (Actually in the targets the device is listed as JTAG ARM-USB-Tiny, "-H" is missing). When select 'connect' the a 'connected' notification is appeared on the target "JTAG ARM-USB-Tiny". I am trying to compile the sample codes already present in the packages. Successfully compiled and hex file is created. Then I click on Targets-->>Downloadfile-->>Download Intel Hexfile and located the hex file and click on ok. It waits for a moment and the got an error "read failed". I have closed 2 jumbers (ISP_E,RST_E) and tried to program it. That is failed. Can anybody help me to sort this out?

Regards,

Arun.S

LubOlimex

Hello aruns06,

Maybe I am missing something here, but I can't see E2468 example in the Eclipse package (aka "Olimex Open Development Suite").

I did some testing with only OpenOCD. It seems ARM-USB-TINY-H is working with the E2468 board BUT there isn't a proper configuration file. Such .cfg file should be created properly according to the datasheet of E2468 to be 100% sure the setup is working. I used LPC2460 script. I also attach a picture of my attempt: http://i.imgur.com/xItFtxI.png.

Note that ISP_E and RST_E should be open - when they are closed you should be able to program the board via the USB type B connector and proper cable to your PC and NXP Flash Magic software. Additionally, you should adjust BAT/EXT and EXT/USB_D jumpers according to your power supply source.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex