touchscreen setup

Started by flipflops, October 26, 2012, 03:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flipflops

I have an imx233 maxi running as a LAMP server. I would like to add a hardware interface to the web app and I saw that the following touch screen is often bought with the olimex maxi

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=jBNCx3lXxWvrQupj43KqKA%3d%3d

What is needed to get the referenced touch screen to interact with the local web server if I run x server and a browser pointed to the localhost site on the maxi?

Thanks 

dpwhittaker

X and a browser sounds hard to fit in 64MB of ram.  I'd suggest you look at Qt for Embedded Linux and QtWebkit.  This renders a webkit browser directly to the framebuffer without all the machinery of a browser and X server in the way.

As for connecting it, it depends on which kernel version you are on.  It should be as simple as rebuilding the kernel with LCD driver enabled, but I've not heard any status of the LCD driver on either kernel version.  It is on my project list, but a few months out.  I have practically that same LCD, only with an onboard SPI-enabled touch decoder.  15 USD on aliexpress.

flipflops

I can go with an onboard SPI-enabled touch decoder. Thanks for that.  What are you sending to the LCD to be touched?
Will your touch decoder be able to work with html, assuming I can get the screen to render it?

Thanks again.

koennie

dpwhittaker:
QuoteIt should be as simple as rebuilding the kernel with LCD driver enabled, but I've not heard any status of the LCD driver on either kernel version.  It is on my project list, but a few months out.

I assume you are talking about a serial LCD driver, Is the parallel LCD driver enabled yet?
Because on the GPIO connector the pins are available. So it should be possible to connect a display there.

Or am I wrong here?