AM3352-OLinuXino

Started by dickelbeck, March 13, 2013, 07:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dickelbeck

I recently taught KiCad how to load Eagle ver. 6.x board files (XML format) using C++ enhancements.

I then went to load

https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/blob/master/HARDWARE/AM3352-OLinuXino/AM3352-OLINUXINO_Rev_A-14122012.brd

to test my new code.  At first I thought I was seeing a bug.

Although it loads and looks wrong, then I discovered that this brd file is incomplete?  Can you update this file with latest?  Or is there a more current storage location for it?

olimex

this is not exactly the place for such posts :)

try with Eagle if it also fails this means you didn't download the files correctly, so try to download them again

Andrew

May i inquiry about AM3352-OLinuXino project's progress please?

olimex

TI is going to supply first silicons from the new (bug free) revision P1.2 in May and we will start our production
current revision have some minor but annoying bugs like I2C being not Open Drain but Push-Pull which prevent you to connect many devices on the I2C bus.

dickelbeck

Quote from: olimex on March 13, 2013, 07:17:12 PM
this is not exactly the place for such posts :)

I am willing to educated. Tell me a better place to mention that your *.brd file is incomplete please.

try with Eagle if it also fails this means you didn't download the files correctly, so try to download them again

Doubtful.  xmllint shows the *.brd file is a valid XML file after the download.

Here is what eagle version 6.4.0 Light on linux is showing:

http://softplc.com/dick/am3352-on-eagle.jpeg

Many of the components are not even positioned on the board.  This is a result of simply loading the *.brd file into eagle, without any project setup.  What is wrong?

olimex

of course this is what you see, this is preliminary SCHEMATIC not complete board :)
we still work on this PCB and it's not finished

dickelbeck

Quote from: olimex on March 14, 2013, 06:00:30 PM
of course this is what you see, this is preliminary SCHEMATIC not complete board :)
we still work on this PCB and it's not finished

Seriously?  "Of course"?

This after telling me I had no business even making the post, then that I do not know how to download.  Your arrogance is astounding.

I was going to buy 2500 units of one of your boards, now I will have to think about it.

olimex

sorry but I really think we have miss-communication here

I'm sorry if I offended you with my post, this is not my intention

surely this forum board is for "New Product Ideas" as it's name says, so your post for problems with opening the CAD files for particular board is not to be placed here as it's off topic - the best way to get help on this would be to e-mail support@olimex.com and explain your problem

from your post I understand that you say the CAD files from Github can't be opened, and this is why I though you didn't download them completely I do remember there was another customer who wrote something like this then re-loaded the CAD files and opened them without problem, I just wanted to help you

the github commit clearly says in plain text "PRELIMINARY SCHEMATIC" I uploaded the schematic and posted on the blog so we can hear comments and suggestions before we complete the routing, more eyes could spot preliminary errors

dickelbeck

Quote from: olimex on March 15, 2013, 09:30:37 AM
I'm sorry if I offended you with my post, this is not my intention

Apology accepted.

myeric

Hi,
I saw the Allwinner 10s will be available in production soon.  :)
Do you have an idea when the AM335x could be also available ?
Thanks

olimex

TI notify us that the bug free silicon revision P1.2 of AM3352 will be available in May

Mr.D

Hallo ,

Any new news about AM3352 development ?

Regards

olimex

AM3352-SOM module will be ready in couple of weeks and we will test it

Mr.D

timmil

Hello olimex,

first, thank you for doing such a good job. a few weeks ago we saw the first boards with the 3352 on your blog - when will the download of the CAD files and schematics available?

kind regards

Tim