Linaro image available

Started by davidefa, December 28, 2012, 02:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modlfo

Hi, I have installed your image and it almost work perfect. I'm having a few problems, mostly related to drivers. I have the Olinuxino A13 with the LDC (no touchscreen). First, my keyboard is not recognized. It's a logitec wireless, and it works on debian and android without problems. I have the same problem with other generic usb devices, for example MIDI interface.

The second problem is that I cannot compile my own drivers. Seems that the file /lib/modules/3.4.29+/build and source do not exist... actually they exist but are symbolic links pointing to /home/davidefa/olinuxino/linux-sunxi. 

My third issue are a few questions. Have anyone managed to run ALSA for use MIDI and audio? Or, have anyone used audio output and intput at the same time?

I have compiled an audio application using the Juce framework. I can use the audio output, but not the input at the same time.

I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks.

modlfo

I have solved most of my problems. But I had to recompile my own kernel and install debian. Now I can playback audio to a Behringer USB soundcard and my MIDI keyboard is recognized, but still it does not work correctly with Puredata.

I hope to have running my setup soon.

p.kartavyy

Hello.

I have question about memory. Htop shoes that full memory is 330mb. I assume that other memory is used by GPU. Can I change this split? I need some more memory for compilaiton on board.

Thanks in advance.

jwischka

Quote from: p.kartavyy on February 19, 2013, 11:00:49 AM
Hello.

I have question about memory. Htop shoes that full memory is 330mb. I assume that other memory is used by GPU. Can I change this split? I need some more memory for compilaiton on board.

Thanks in advance.

Requires a kernel level change. You can pull Cedar support out and get about 80MB more, which would be the first thing I'd do. You could also install my image, swap to headless for your full 512MB, do the compile via ssh/vnc, and then jump back to the video kernel after you're done.

p.kartavyy

Thanks for good advice.

Quote from: jwischka on February 19, 2013, 07:35:59 PM
Quote from: p.kartavyy on February 19, 2013, 11:00:49 AM
Hello.

Thanks in advance.

Requires a kernel level change. You can pull Cedar support out and get about 80MB more, which would be the first thing I'd do. You could also install my image, swap to headless for your full 512MB, do the compile via ssh/vnc, and then jump back to the video kernel after you're done.