Correct Linux image for A13 512 MB with Samsung K4B4G1646E-BYMA (512 x 8)

Started by e.fantuzzi, February 08, 2023, 02:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e.fantuzzi

The official Linux images for the A13 512MB SOM are:
- K4B4G164D-BCK0 (256Mbit x 16)
However, the board (A13 512 REV H) I got a few days ago has the Samsung K4B4G1646E-BYMA (512Mbit x 8 ). I tried the K4B2G0846Q image, but this one doesn't work correctly. (Could be a memory problem, though.)
what is changed?
I need to change any in script.fex or boot.args?

Thanks in advandage

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

i.bonetto

Sorry for the latency, I can answer for that question (@e.fantuzzi is a collegue of mine).

We are using an old image, with a 3.4.90 kernel. We have some tests running both on our image and the last image, but we do not have any significative results yet.

We experienced several kernel panic errors with the last core version (rev.H) with our image. The only difference we can see between the last core version we used (rev.E) and the last one (rev.H) is the RAM chip.

We are trying to see if the new RAM chip needs some changes in the fex. We cannot simply adopt the last image, we would prefer to continue to use our (old) image. Besides, the new image does not use fex files anymore, it uses dts/dtb.

Can you help us?

LubOlimex

Try with the release from 2021 from this archive here:

https://ftp.olimex.com/Allwinner_Images/A13-SOM/Outdated%20Sunxi%20Images/sd/A13_SOM_Debian_kernel_34_90_512MB_mainline_u-boot_21042015_release_4_preliminary.zip

You can find other images here:

https://ftp.olimex.com/Allwinner_Images/A13-SOM/

Let me know the results.

About latest Olimex Linux image - testing with latest image is just for testing purposes, not to use that image forever. It is to determine if it is software issue or hardware issue. If there is no issue with the latest image - then it is related to the software.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex