I can't upload with maple Rev3 or Generic GD32F103C servies

Started by Mantos, November 21, 2022, 01:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantos

Hello

I am a beginner on the subject. This is the first time I use an olimexino-STM32/GD32 board.

I use Arduino ide 2.0.1 (the last version) on it I installed libmaple in the directory C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Arduino15

Now my problem is that I can't upload to my board, it displays me the error :
Failed uploading: cannot execute upload tool: exec: {runtime.hardware.path}/tools/win/maple_upload.bat": file does not exist".

Do you have any idea how to solve the problem.

Thank you !

LubOlimex

At the moment OLIMEXINO-GD32 comes without USB bootloader (unlike OLIMEXINO-STM32 that comes programmed with Maple USB bootloader). This means that you need to program OLIMEXINO-GD32 either via the built-in serial bootloader or use JTAG/SWD programmer or debugger tool. Another major difference is that OLIMEXINO-STM32 comes with STM32F103RB chip (20k RAM, 128k Flash) while OLIMEXINO-GD32 comes with GD32F103RC (48k RAM, 256K Flash).
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Mantos

I use an olimexino-GD32 in the tool I select > board > STM32 boards (STM32duino) > Generic GD32F103 series. I connect my board via USB type b then I reverse.
And there it gives me the error "Failed uploading: cannot execute upload tool: exec: "{runtime.hardware.path}/tools/win/maple_upload.bat": file does not exist "

Did I do something wrong?

LubOlimex

Yes, you are trying to program a board that can't be programmed by USB by default. Both STM and GD chips lack built-in USB bootloader, but in the STM32 version of the board we had programmed it with a custom (maple) bootloader, while in the GD32 version we don't program it. I've explained what are the option in my previous e-mail!
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Mantos

Ok thanks I have a little trouble seeing the difference between a bootloader and a serial bootloader.

So if I understand correctly I can use a GD-link to upload my program?

If yes could you suggest one because I can't find only ST-link.

Where I can find the serial bootloader for GD-32 ?

And also is there a simple tutorial to upload a program to GD32?

thank you for your answer and sorry I am a beginner on the subject