XMEGA Unable to use AVR-ISP-MKII via avrdude or Atmel Studio 7

Started by granel, April 28, 2021, 04:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granel

Good afternoon, I also became the proud owner of the programmer (Olimex atsmega 128a PDI). I bought it as a backup for the original programmer. Everything that is described in this topic is the same and my problem. I read other topics and come to the conclusion - there is no solution for users ((or am I wrong? Help revive this programmer - I checked the AC7 + atmega644 == all workers. But it does not work with Xmega + PDI +win10pro 64 - and I bought it just for this

LubOlimex

I am sure AVR-ISP-MK2 works with ATXMEGA128A1, because we have an ATXMEGA128A1 board that I have tested over PDI, the board is this one:

https://www.olimex.com/Products/AVR/Proto/AVR-PX128A1/

There are couple of things things to check:

1) Make sure you are actually using the 6-pin PDI connector!

2) Double-check the wiring! Make sure nothing is reversed or misconnected!

3) Make sure your target is powered. AVR-ISP-MK2 provides no power via the PDI connector.

4) Make sure you have selected PDI interface in the software!

Did you use ISP interface for AVR-ISP-MK2 + ATmega644 (that works fine)?

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

cibinjsh

Hi! I don't see where I can open new topic, so I'm writing here. Have bought AVR-ISP-MK2 and I'm trying to use it with Microchip Studio 7 with Atmel kits 7 installed. Windows 10. Sadly I have not connection with my programmer. Typical answer is: Unable connect to tool AVRISP mkii. Tried to use manual pdf and update driver as suggested there. No success. In Device manager I see Microchip tools-> AVRISP mkii. In manual pdf there may be images from Winodws 7, because nothing in my comp looks like there. Any ideas?

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex