BB-STM32WL no information - no user guide - no reason for 1.5 Volt battery

Started by airheadbit, April 15, 2022, 07:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airheadbit

BULGARIA I thought you were from the UK. Imagine my surprise at TWO means of upsetting a customer just to discover to post in this forum I have to do TWO "I AM NOT A BOT/SPAMMER/FORUM-MARKETER":

The reason I'm trying to post is to let you know putting a 1.5 Volt batter on the BB-STM32WL is useless, I thought it was a 16850 holder when I purchased it from Mouser.com. Next is the lack of a user guide, any information in the Wiki or this site and last is the schematic at this site that is defective, the schematic PDF at github works.
If your having issues with bots, spam, or junk posts get a BBS system that can take care of those issues, this current system just causes the customers stress..

Why "SD Specifications" PDF in the git document folder?

LubOlimex

> The reason I'm trying to post is to let you know putting a 1.5 Volt batter on the BB-STM32WL is useless

Why?

> Next is the lack of a user guide, any information in the Wiki or this site and last is the schematic at this site that is defective, the schematic PDF at github works.

It was like that before you purchased it too. You could've checked beforehand.

> If your having issues with bots, spam, or junk posts get a BBS system that can take care of those issues, this current system just causes the customers stress..

We are aware but the only way to keep any usability of this forum is manual approval of all posts and users. Trust me we were new users friendly for a lot of years but there are bots that were posting literally thousands of threads overnight, rendering the forums completely useless.

If you have hardware issues better use support@olimex.com instead of the forums.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

airheadbit

Why?
The STM32WL operates at 2.8~5 Volt, a 1.5volt battery with a jumper that is not included does nothing so why put a 1.5volt battery on the PCB?

No documentation and it's my fault for not checking before I purchased so why am I bitchen?

Vendors that sell product through Mouser.com are professionals that supply support for their products, users guides, example programs, Arduino setup. You provided a product with two STM32 devices, one with openocd to use on the second STM32WL device with readme files that fail with the current STM32CubeIDE: Open On-Chip Debugger 0.11.0+dev-00443-gcf12591 (2022-02-09-13:33) [ST Internal] version.   

By your response I can tell this is going nowhere, LoRa-STM32WL-DevKit just joined my pet rock farm and I'll forward your reply to Mouser.com.

LubOlimex

I know this might come as a shock but there are 3V batteries in AA size.

For example, search for "varta cr aa 3v".
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex