April 20, 2024, 11:24:15 AM

SPI under LINUX

Started by nejemia, January 28, 2013, 01:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nejemia

Dear All:
Could someone send me an example how to use the SPI interface of the LPC3131 used under Linux? I am a complete newbie in the area and have no idea where to start.
I have i2c working and it was very easy to implement, however, SPI is very complicated for my poor knowledge.
I may need the headers and the library files, also how to use it a standard I/O linux file.
Thank you very much in advance.
Nelson --

pacman

Hi Nelson.

I do not have the answer to your question.
But to get a better chance of someone answering, you might need to explain it a little more in detail.

1: Are you running Linux on the LPC3131 device or is it simply running on your PC, which talks to the device ?
2: Are you attempting to program the LPC3131 from Linux using an adapter with SPI interface ?
3: Did you successfully program the device earlier - if so, which tools / adapters did you use ?

Some of the above questions may not be relevant, depending on the specific nature of the problem, but it is a good idea including it, so we can get a 'feeling' on where you are.

Eg. If you were attempting to program the device using an AVR programmer, I'm certain you would not succeed. ;)

Love
Jens