cant log in

Started by skeptonomicon, October 01, 2021, 05:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeptonomicon

I have a new Allwinner a13 wifi. I followed instructions from https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/blob/master/DOCUMENTS/OLIMAGE/Olimage-guide.pdf. I loaded the image A13-OLinuXino-buster-base-20210821-133514.img to SD card and boot. I see the uboot sceen scroll on the monitor, but then it goes blank as linux loads. On the USB serial port I get a login prompt. I try user name root, but it comes back with incorrect login without prompting for password. Is root login disabled from the USB serial port? Also, if I stop uboot, and try the "olinuxino" command using the monitor and keyboard, no matter what options I give the command it comes back with something like "usage: Olinixino" like the command has no options. I tried both "olinuxino config list" and "olinuxino config info"

LubOlimex

Try with user olimex and password olimex

How do you connect to the board? Via USB-serial adapter attached between the board and the computer? Or just USB cable?
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

skeptonomicon

OK, so today, I can log in. I am using just the USB cable. I am not sure why it is different today. I did change from the buster to the focal, and then to the buster-minimal releases.
Anyway, I am still having problems with the olinuxino command from the uboot command line using the keyboard and monitor connected directly to the board.

LubOlimex

With keyboard and monitor just repeatedly press any button on the keyaboard of before you even see anything on the monitor. Still the most reliable way to access the u-boot is via USB-serial converter.

Why do you need to use the u-boot command in first place?
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex