April 19, 2024, 03:00:19 AM

ESP32 Gateway

Started by dmelo, May 20, 2021, 05:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmelo

Hello,

With the ESP32 Gateway board rev E or the newer versions, is possible to use simultaneously the USB UART0 with other available UART and at the same time the Ethernet module? I tried with UART1 and the Ethernet is always disconnecting and with UART2 the ESP32 boots.
Can I solve this by using the ESP32 POE board? With USB UART0, UART1 (UEXT connector) and the Ethernet module?

Thank you!

LubOlimex

How many UARTs do you need? Just use UART1 and UART2, if you have troubles redefine UART1 and UART2 to free pins.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

dmelo

I need a board with one UART with external connectors and able to use the Ethernet at the same time. With the ESP32 gateway, I can't use the Ethernet because GPIO17, GPIO 9 and 10 are already used for internal Flash or I can't use them with the Ethernet interface.

Can I solve this by using the ESP32 POE board? With USB UART0, UART1 (UEXT connector) and the Ethernet module?

LubOlimex

You can remap UART pins only by software means.

For example in ESP-IDF this is usually done via uart_set_pin ():

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/latest/esp32/api-reference/peripherals/uart.html#_CPPv412uart_set_pin11uart_port_tiiii

In other words - UART2 is free, just the physical pins it uses are set by default for other function (not UART2), but the UART2 logic is free to use. You can define any free pin to be UART2's RX and another free pin for its TX.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex