Electrocardiogram (ECG) with DuinoMite

Started by bongarje, February 18, 2021, 02:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bongarje

Hi everyone,
in the course of the actual pandemic I transferred my lectures in Medical Engineering to Youtube. Just to show the students the ease of using microcomputer with integrated BASIC ,I attached an ECG amplifier to the DuinoMite (unfortunately not the Olimex ECG-shield). By writing just a few lines of code I was able to display the ECG-plot live on the screen.
Perhaps someone is interested in this video?
https://youtu.be/gb4GTozEtGE
It is in german but I think it is quite obvious what's going on. It received 100+ views within the first 24 hours.

Jens

LubOlimex

Pretty interesting, thank you for your contribution. I am sure a lot of people would find it helpful.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

KeesZagers

Very nice Jens,
I like to copy this on my platform. This is also based on the Duinomite, however for my applications it had to be more compact, so I used the PIC32-T795 and developed my own carrier board with the Arduino extensions and 2 physical CAN interfaces (no video/no SD). I used the old DMBasic 2.7 sources to develop my own statements (about 15 CAN statements and also some others). One of the extensions I made was the support for two embedded displays, the Olimex MOD-OLED-128x64 and the MOD-LCD2.8RTP (incl. touch support). All statements you used for your application are available within the DMBasic 2.7. So I like to see if I can use this platform to make a compact (100x60x40mm), battery powered version of it. Can you give me the references to the used ECG hardware (electronics and electrodes)