Touchscreen not work with Android image

Started by g5pw, March 18, 2020, 11:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g5pw

Hello,
We recently acquired a T2-OLinuxIno-LIME2 board with a LCD-OLinuXino-7CTS display;
We put the Android-A20-LIME2-1024-600-read image in a sd card and it starts up.
We connected LCD-7-CTS but the default touch doesn't work,
What is required for the touch input to work?

olimex

A20/T2 default configuration is for resistive LCD this is written in the LCD-OLinuXino users manual, you can order your board with enabled digital TS interface when ordering or you can do this yourself, also explained in the user manual

olimex

Also I doubt the Android images has the capacitive display enabled, these LCDs are build long time after the Android images were released back in 2012

g5pw

Hello, thank you for the quick response. We modified the board to use the digital (I2C) interface as per the user manual, and the LCD works correctly with the armbian image.

So, do we need to rebuild the android image to get the capacitive display working, or is it just not possible?

LubOlimex

It should be possible, but would require some software changes. Some parameters can be changed via DragonFace, I wrote this article few years ago: https://www.olimex.com/wiki/How_to_edit_prebuilt_Android_images

Some parameters can't be changed and might require rebuilding the image.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

anverx

Quote from: olimex on March 18, 2020, 03:54:37 PMA20/T2 default configuration is for resistive LCD this is written in the LCD-OLinuXino users manual, you can order your board with enabled digital TS interface when ordering or you can do this yourself, also explained in the user manual

Do I understand it correctly that for Lime boards it takes a hardware modification to work with capacitive touchscreen? A component with 8 solder points needs to be moved to different location?  That is to say that our stock of Lime boards will not work with LCD-OLinuXino-10CTS

LubOlimex

Yes, by default boards are set for resistive screen operation. And in the compatible A20 boards a resistor matrix has to be moved. This can be done here if you specifically ask for it when you order.

anverx

Quote from: LubOlimex on April 15, 2020, 01:24:22 PMYes, by default boards are set for resistive screen operation. And in the compatible A20 boards a resistor matrix has to be moved. This can be done here if you specifically ask for it when you order.

I've found an air station and moved the resistor array.  With a recent image it just worked.  Thanks.

LubOlimex

Thank you for the update! Glad to hear you got it working!