No way to download official images

Started by Tom, February 22, 2018, 01:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Hi guys,
you sell this products for a long time now. Why can't you provide a possibility to download the images ? I need a Jessie image for sd cards and the torrents simply find no real seeds. Estimated download time 4years... Thats a shame, you earn money with this products, you do not invest anything in real support, just use the sunxi drivers. Thats OK, but AT LEAST PROVIDE A POSSIBILITY FOR DOWNLOADS !!!!
Your torrents just don't work... After 20h i have 1,84MBs !!! There are FREE HOSTERS !!! Please upload the images somewhere, where we can download them, torrents are no way... I paid you money for my board and its simply USELESS because i can't get software for it...
The Ubuntu Images are no alternative, they lack any hardware support, like mali and stuff.
PLEASE HELP !!!
Provide prebuild images please !!!

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Tom

Quote from: LubOlimex on February 22, 2018, 09:12:55 AM
Please refer to this fine wiki article: https://www.olimex.com/wiki/Torrents

Thanks for nothing. I know how the torrent protocol functions, but being on a ipv6 network, where i can not open any port by myself, its a no go. This sucks very bad...
As i mentioned, there are even FREE ways of hosting. Your torrent seeds are no help for me as long as there is no real ipv6 torrent client...

LubOlimex

You didn't mention what image exactly you need. Nor what board you have.

If you need a specific image drop me an e-mail at support@olimex.com and I would think of way to receive the image that you need (as mentioned at the very bottom of the wiki article)

<<< As i mentioned, there are even FREE ways of hosting.

Ok, as soon as you receive the image that you need, please feel free to host it and provide links in your blog or in this forum, so others can download it from your links.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Tom

Thanks, i will write to you at the beginning of next week.
I also have the possibility to host files for free. Will upload, because you give me the allowance.
I take all my complains back, this is nice support my you.

Thanks
Tom

esedece

The torrent linked in the wiki page: https://www.olimex.com/wiki/images/1/18/A20_android_422_TS_USB_UART_I2C_WIFI_LAN_HDMI_LCD_800x480_release_3.torrent
downloads a torrent that does not starts downloading the image because there are no seeds or peers for the file.
I need this image, ¿how can I get it?

Regards.