PIC-GSM example software Microchip TCP/IP stack 5.42

Started by alezarate, June 08, 2017, 04:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alezarate

Hi,

it is not possible to compile the project, however the example for PIC-MAXI-WEB compiles perfectly, I use mplab x ide 3.61 (this is not the problem, try with mplab x ide 1.4), I bought the compiler mc18 3.47, I can not go back and use 3.40, help please,  regards

LubOlimex

PIC18 C Compiler 3.47 should be ok. What errors do you receive?

By the way, there is no need to purchase the compiler for our projects, the LITE version is sufficient (http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/mplabc18-v3.47-windows-lite-installer.exe).

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

alezarate

The project has several problems, including that it has not registered some .c and .h files (these if they come with the zip), once they are already included in the project, it does not compile, the following error appears:

Error - section '.code_Announce.o' can not fit the section. Section '.code_Announce.o' length = 0x0000029a

I tried to disable STACK_USE_ANNOUNCE in TCPIP OLIMEX_PIC-GSM but this one triggers other problems.

I already tried to compile the project in Mplab x IDE 1.4 and C18 3.40 but it is the same result,

regards

Stanimir5F

Hello, alezarate!

1) You said that some of the files are not registered. Which files are missing? Because as I open the project everything seems fine.

2) As for the error message you got - by default I had no problem with that. It compiles fine. But still I managed to replicate the problem by changing the optimization level. If they are set to "debug optimization" I got EXACTLY the same message. In order to fix that change optimization level to: "Enable all".

If your compiler doesn't allow you to do so - download the one that LubOlimex recommend you in the previous post. It's 3.47 lite.

Stan, Olimex
May the Source be with You!

alezarate

Hello Stanimir5F,

thank you very much for your help, it is already possible to compile :)

regards