LIME2-eMMC application in Ground Penetrating Radar system

Started by chradev, March 31, 2017, 01:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chradev

Hi to All,

I am proud to announce that our effort to embed Olimex' Lime2-eMMC board in Application Controller for Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) systems meets with success to the final phase.

Our product EGPR (Easy Ground Penetrating Radar) is ready for demo and real field tests.

Everybody can take a look on our just finished web site: https://egpr.pro/en/.

There is link to the real application from Demo page: https://egpr.pro/en/demo/.

We would like to express our gratitude to Olimex, its whole team and everybody here in for the great effort and help.

Best regards

EGPR team

LubOlimex

Well done. The box looks neat.

I want to thank you for the feedback and the tests and work done on the reliability issues that you faced in your project!

Best of luck,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

chradev

Thanks Lubomir,

I would like to thank you personally too.
There ware many issues had to be solved but the final result is really good.

You have probably looked at the demo which unfortunately has no dynamics data for now but we are waiting for a permanent swinging gadget today. It will generate real dynamics data in front of the old Easyrad's radar we have connected.

It will be nice to inform other people who can interest of such a kind of application controller. Really it can be used in many other use cases where a small industrial grade (as option) box with a big processing power, wide range of peripherals and long battery life is required.

Best regards
Christo

olimex

Awesome :)

Are you interested to make demonstration of this GPR at TuxCon on 4th of June?

We will have Hardware Hackathon at OLIMEX train building and I would love to scan our backyard.

chradev

Thanks for the interest.

It will be great to make a demo at TuxCon on 4th of June.

Even more I can give a talk on how our device was developed.

Best regards
Christo

chradev

Dear All,

While talking with our potential customers we found one uncovered GPR problem – the big "blind" range of antennas especially at bigger penetration.

For now this problem is solving with a few scans with different antennas having different central frequencies, maximal penetrating depths and "blind" ranges respectively. Unfortunately, this approach has many disadvantages like more time for multiple scans, difficulties at synchronization of independent data, bigger archives etc.

Our EGPR Application Controller is capable to capture data from many GPR antennas simultaneously and the software which can synchronize them at visualization effectively. That is why we start looking for an interest to extend our EGPR product in this new direction.

Any comments and recommendations are welcome.

Best regards
EGPR Team