Duinomite mini won't enter boot loader mode

Started by Kommandotolken, December 05, 2015, 07:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kommandotolken

Hello! My duinomite mini won't enter boot loader mode. I have it plugged in through usb to my computer. No external 5 v. I hold down the BUT button at start up but nothing happens. I have tried holding down reset, and BUT and then releasing the reset button first.

http://duinomite.com/firmware-update/

QuoteHow to re-flash a DuinoMite Mini

Remove all power from the board
Ensure the jumper EXT / USB is across "USB" [/qoute]

Is across USB? what does that mean?

[qoute]
Now connect the USB cable to the board
You should have red LED and yellow LED ON[/qoute]

Well, the yellow comes on after the red, but then the green comes on short after, and they are just on... no blinking,

[qoute]
Hold down the reset button ( black ) AND then press the user button ( cream )
Keep holding down the USR ( cream button ) and release the black reset button.
As soon as you release the reset button, yellow and green LED flash back and forth
[/qoute)

My reset button is black, but my BUT(user button?) is wine red. I have managed to do this before, but for some reason it won't work now.

I can connect to my duinomite via minimum, and I get this:

> DuinoMite MMBasic Version 4.5                                                 
Copyright 2011-2014 Geoff Graham

KeesZagers

The right procedure is as follows:
1. Power up; no buttons pressed.
2. Press and hold BUT.
3. Press and release RESET
4. Release BUT.

Now the green and yellow LED should be blinking

Kommandotolken

Thank you! I tried it but it did not seem to work... the yellow and green light are constantly on.

KeesZagers

I get the impression that the bootloader is overwritten by an application. In this case you will need e.g. a PIC-KIT3 to reflash one of the available bootloaders.

Kommandotolken

Quote from: KeesZagers on December 11, 2015, 04:14:32 PM
I get the impression that the bootloader is overwritten by an application. In this case you will need e.g. a PIC-KIT3 to reflash one of the available bootloaders.

I did this once and succeeded, but now I have problems. I have a 9 volt power supply to the Duinomite Mini. I use the iscp connector. Pickit 3 says "Target device was not found (could not detect target voltage VDD). You must connect to a target device to use PICkit 3."

KeesZagers

Did you read this on the Duinomite product sheet:

"
WARNING

Do not use the "programmer-to-go" button when there is no image on the OLIMEX PIC-KIT3 or MICROCHIP PIC-KIT3 because that might put your microcontroller in an irrecoverable state. We have tested the mentioned scenario and we can confirm that it destroys PIC32 chips (using both our and the original Microchip PICKIT3). We don't take responsibility if you break your chip that way. For more info check the following: www.microchip.com/forums/m635420.aspx.
"
Looks like ...

Kees