Working frame buffer for kernel 4.1

Started by tmcdos, July 04, 2015, 09:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

timesee

I am seeking a linux kernel source with TV out capability and tried to get tmcdos's patch mentioned above but failed to download it. I think tmcdos's patch probably make it possible to TV out which I actually need. so would someone send me it or get me the patch or any guide or hint on how to access linux kernel source will be appreciate.

JohnS

Best bet is probably to grab kernel sources and build what you want.

John

swahren

Quote from: timesee on October 10, 2015, 11:03:06 AM

I am seeking a linux kernel source with TV out capability and tried to get tmcdos's patch mentioned above but failed to download it. I think tmcdos's patch probably make it possible to TV out which I actually need. so would someone send me it or get me the patch or any guide or hint on how to access linux kernel source will be appreciate.

Hi, tmcdoc's patch has nothing to do with TV output. AFAIK the TV out support never hit mainline. So you will need to get the downstream kernel 2.6.35 from Freescale:

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/?h=imx_2.6.35_maintain

Chris

Quote from: timesee on October 10, 2015, 11:03:06 AMI am seeking a linux kernel source with TV out capability and tried to get tmcdos's patch mentioned above but failed to download it. I think tmcdos's patch probably make it possible to TV out which I actually need. so would someone send me it or get me the patch or any guide or hint on how to access linux kernel source will be appreciate.
I think you don't need a special kernel build just to enable TV output. Have a look into Freescale's "i.MX23 Applications Processor Reference Manual", chapter 19 "TV-Out NTSC/PAL Encoder": There is exactly explained which values you have to set into the registers to configure TV output - even a programming example (chapter 19.3), that should work also from user space (IMHO).

However, if you're searching for tmcdos's mod, you can download it also here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5RB6TqFSILBeHYxNjRtaVk3OUk/view?usp=sharing