March 29, 2024, 05:32:02 PM

C-programming documentation

Started by jartinez, September 18, 2012, 11:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jartinez

Hi all,

I would like to know where I could find explanatory documentation about STM32 C-programming. Until now I am using the standard peripherals libreary examples, but I would appreciate more detailed information about each operation.

E.g. If I want to program an A/D conversion, I would appreciate some documentation that provides all the necessary steps. I mean:

1. Create GPIO_InitTypeDef, ADC_CommonInitTypeDef and ADC_InitTypeDef structures
2. Configure RCC_AHB1PeriphClockCmd() function
3. Configure A/D input with the GPIO structure
4. Configure RCC_AHB2PeriphClockCmd() function
5. Define ADC_CommonInit and ADC_Init structures parameters, indicating the possible options
6. ...and so on

I hope you could understand what I mean and so you can provide me some help with the C-programming documentation for beginners.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Ruben

PA

Hi Ruben,

All the functional info can be found on the STM32F4 datasheet, in my opinion there is no substitute for that. Also, you can take a look at the source files of the Std Peripherals Lib, for example, the stm32f4xx_adc.c file contains a brief explanation on how to setup and use the ADC driver. Have you taken a look at it ?

Aside from that, I don't think you gone find an step by step explanation on that ... you can always sign up for webinar.

Regards,
PA