Pinguino MX440 USB fails to enumerate

Started by elliot, February 02, 2015, 12:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliot

I have just purchased a Pinguino with a PIC32MX440 which fails to enumerate as a USB device, I have tried it on both windows and linux.

Is this a firmware issue, if so what is the correct USB bootloader for this board?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance, elliot.

JohnS

Are you putting it in bootloader mode?  (Sounds like no.)

If no, it won't be a USB device unless the user code makes it such.  Did you program something appropriate into it?  (Again sounds like no.)

John

elliot

Thanks for the rapid response, I foolishly thought it would come pre-programmed with a bootloader
and would enumerate after a hard reset.

How do you put in bootloader mode?

cheers, elliot

JohnS

If you told us the board make people would have a chance!

It probably has a bootloader.  See the wiki/user manual about USER button.  (When all else fails, RTFM lol)

John

elliot

sorry i assumed incorrectly that olimex only made 2 almost functionally identical (PIC32-PINGUINO and PIC32-PINGUINO-OTG) boards with the MX440 but on closer inspection i see the pinguino micro also has an MX440, i have a PIC32-PINGUINO.

i now realise my mistake, i had read the manual but as i was installing under linux i did not read the
"PINGUINO IDE INSTALLATION on Windows" as far as i can tell this has the only reference to entering bootloader mode in any of the documents.

cheers, elliot.

JohnS