OlinuXino + 4.3" LCD Touchscreen Now working with Qt Embedded

Started by nickguthrie, July 11, 2013, 10:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickguthrie

Hello Everyone,

My school has funded me to work on an open source project this summer, and I chose to contribute to the open source community by documenting how to use Qt Embedded with an A13-OlinuXino and Touchscreen.

This means the graphical Qt libraries can easily be used on the 4.3" touchscreen with the A13-OlinuXino without needing to run a graphical desktop.  Hopefully this should speed up the task of developing GUIs.

My extensive documentation can be found at my website nickguthrie.com/embedd_gui/doc.  I documented the entire process including building the cross-compiling toolchain, installing Debian, installing Qt, and building and running applications.

Here is a downloadable of my fully configured debian image. http://nickguthrie.com/embedd_gui/bin/A13-OlinuXino/debian_v2_20130713_touchscreen.image.gz.  This has tslib and Qt Embedded already working on it.

I will be continuing to work on this project for the next month or so.  I feel the documentation to get Qt running is fairly complete.  Please let me know if you find any of my work helpful or if you find any errors or have suggestions.

Here is a short video demonstration of Qt Embedded running on the touchscreen: http://youtu.be/v-ndT9fh3e0

- Nick

Eos

hello nickguthrie
How to use the image file to the site.?
0.img, 1.img, is 2.img files. ?
How to install the files to the SD-card.?

nickguthrie

Hi Eos,

Sorry for the late response, I thought I had set preferences to notify me of replies to this topic.  Should be fixed now.

I renamed the binary so it should be easy to find the final product.

The complete binary with a working debian and tslib (touchscreen library) and Qt linux is here:
http://nickguthrie.com/embedd_gui/bin/Finalized/nickguthrie-a13-olinuxino-complete-v1.image.gz

I added detailed instructions under Getting Started/Copy the prebuilt Debian Image to the Device.

They are pretty simple on linux so I'll just post the instructions here:

Download A13-OlinuXino Debian Image (here).
    Mount SD Card on Computer
    Copy Image onto SD card

sudo gzip -dc /path/to/nickguthrie-a13-olinuxino-complete-v1.image.gz | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0

WARNING: will overwrite everything on card
        obviously replacing "path/to" with the location of the image on your computer
        "/dev/mmcblk0" should be where you mounted the SD card on your computer

minh

Hi Nickguthrie,

I followed your instructions to cross-compile QT (version 4.8.5) for the A13 Olimex board. Everything went well until I start running the Qt demo application (./styledemo -qws).  I get the following GLIBC error:

./styledemo: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /usr/local/qt/lib/libQtCore.so.4)

./styledemo: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /usr/local/qt/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4)

I cross-compiled Qt version 4.8.5 on my Ubuntu Sausy 13.10 (armhf). 

Do you have any idea of what was happening?  Perhaps can you help me?

Thanks,
Minh.

mimi1962

Hi Nickguthrie,

when i launch my sd card with the image debian_v2_20130713_touchscreen.image i don't see the directory tslib in /usr or in /usr/local.
When i launch ./styledemo -qws i see in the screen the dialog box but i can't act on the button.

do i have to install tslib?
if yes where do i have to install tslib in /usr or in /usr/local/?

excuse me for my english i'm french.

Thanks

Michel Arnaud