Debug Port: Wrong character set?

Started by StevenBowtie, November 17, 2012, 06:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenBowtie

Hi All,
I've finally got the iMX233 Micro to boot, however the data I'm receiving is not printing correctly in PuTTY or minicom. It is set for 115200 baud, Data bits: 8, Stop bits: 1, No Parity, and all the encoding settings available and what I get is the following:

5%£££¦Jú!%¿-'¥'-#¥#1¿£ëhRi£Sª+ë]êuV¿¯%%¡¿3-'5§¿£££´ÞVêºjúKªÚ#5'¿%!7'5£££Sª+ë_NQi                                                         5%£££¦Jú!%¿-'¥'-#¥#1¿£ëSª+ëYHE¤Qiú;=#§¿
'5¿9!#9#¿;!!¿-#¿5'¿åëIHÓ´ÚªZ¿s}W}g¿y!'7¿#!¿'!=7¿¡'-;¡%!7'5¡££Aag-#O-#!¡%!7'5£75¿                                                         ëååëVQÚ-#1¿cW_¿5¿#7£åëIHÓ´ÚªZ¿s}W}g¿y!'7¿#!¿'!=7¿¡'-;¡%!7'5¡££Aag-#O-#!¡%!7'5£75                                                         ëååëVQÚ-#1¿a5#{Yw¿Y59¿Y/5''¿5¿/7´ÞmcmW¿hÝ¿»=#-#1¿!!¿3=¿7-=;'57¿3!¿%-#5ÊåëmcmW¿!¿                                                         %!¿55¿'53¿-#¿/-¿5'Êåë

This is only a sample of where it pauses after, what I would guess, is the boot sequence and it responds to input, but not with the typed characters. I've tried using both the "OLinuXino_Debian_FS" and "debian_rootfs" file systems using the "debian_mx23.img" boot image. I've also removed R17 as suggested in other topics. Thanks in advance for the help!

jeroends

I would check your uart hardware connections. Make shure that you've got your ground, txd and rxd right connected. I've made once that mistake and got +/- the same result.

flavigny

ooops,
it is typically what you receive when crossing txd and ground.
regards
PO.

StevenBowtie

I tried switching TX and RX, which only succeeded in not receiving any data. After much digging and cursing, I located my backup FTDI cable and now it works fine. Thanks for the help, sorry it was just a bad cable!