A10 LIME NAND - when?

Started by kbro, January 28, 2014, 10:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbro

I noticed in https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A10-OLinuXino-LIME that it says "Android 4.2.2 NAND image will be available soon".  Does this imply that a A10-OLinuXino-LIME-4GB will be available soon, otherwise where will the Android image go? :-)

teo770

+1

If not a NAND, a simple microSD img ?

olimex

A10-LIME Android SD image is under tests, be patient it will be available by the end of the week in our shop
still working on the video player, it doesn't works good if the video is more than 720p but we may leave it as is for now and keep working at background.
the problem is the 512MB seems to be on the edge for Android 4.2.2. and when playing at higher resolution the player becomes out of memory to decode the big frames, so this will need lot of memory optimizations.

kbro

Any chance of you doing an Android image without all the add-on apps? I'm using your boards for a particular purpose so the first thing I have to do is uninstall them!  This is true for all your boards, not just the A10.  I know that I can download the SDK for the A20 and roll my own, and I understand an A10 SDK will be coming soon too, but I'd prefer to use a reliable well-tested OS from you guys and concentrate on my apps.

kbro

oldpenguin

Hello all

How do these guys claim they can run A10 linux images in NAND flash ???
https://aw-som.com/product_info.php?products_id=31
Why can't A10 Lime run sw from NAND flash ? They are pointing to the same linux-sunxi. Any explanation ?

JohnS

Maybe they're not quite honest?

Maybe it "works"?

Have you got one and what's it like?

That board isn't even on the linux-sunxi wiki!

John

progmetalbg

oldpenguin

But still no image for NAND flash right ?

olimex

NAND MTD driver is enabled in latest Debian image so you have NAND as storage

all Linux images running on Allwinner chips so far use the closed source Allwinner Android bootloader which some says is GPL violation

so now we are waiting for proper GPL bootloader to release Linux image which boots from NAND

oldpenguin

Concerning mtd driver which kernel version supports it ?
linux-sunxi 3.4 branch ?
Do you have any idea where/how flash physical limits are defined ?
Because when using mtd you have somewhere hard coded the flash size and partitions.