HSDPA Modem

Started by AxR, January 31, 2014, 08:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AxR

Hi,
have you some step by step instructions about how to use HSDPA Modem on Lime Board?

Thanks in advance
Andrea

JohnS

Explain please - what is it?

John

AxR

Hi,
I bought the 3G modem HSDPA (https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/Ethernet/MOD-USB3G/).
I tried to connect my Lime board using the previous modem, but it doesn't work.
Probably the usbserial driver is missing.

Have you any suggestions how to install the usbserial driver and where I find it?

Thanks
Andrea

JohnS

jurij

I tried these modem on Ubuntu and it works. But... as you can see in a10lime_defconfig from http://olimex.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/building-debian-linux-bootable-sd-card-with-hardware-accelerated-video-decoding-and-kernel-3-4-for-a10-olinuxino-lime/, current a10lime debian kernel image does not support usb_serial. It is mean we have to change a10lime_defconfig, compile kernel and include new kernel on SD.
I am not sure, not check, but we also may need some additional aplication support for these modem ... apt-get something  :)
Some work waiting for us  :)

visionimpaired

I too would like to use a 3g modem, is there any way for a beginner to easily load usbserial?
If not, any idea when a new image will be release for download that includes this?
Thanks.
V

Gerardo

Hello, my name is Gerardo and I write from Italy, I also wanted to use MOD-USB3G with A10-OLinuXino-LIME is it possible?
or should I choose another model Olixino?
Thanks in advance for your reply

AxR

olimex

actually it's necessary just to add the VID-PID, as the support is available in the current images too, we will release new image with these included

maiorfi

Could you please explain how, once you will release new update, one could use this new feature?

gazum

Quote from: olimex on February 19, 2014, 12:25:32 PM
actually it's necessary just to add the VID-PID

Add VID-PID to where?

I've managed to get connection after enabling usb_serial module and modem support as described here.

What kind of speed do you get with the MOD-USB3G modem? Can you provide any recommendations on how to configure the modem itself? Maybe sample wvdial.conf?

When I put the same SIM card into my HSDPA phone, I am getting 30 times better speed than from the HSDPA modem. I guess there must be something I am doing wrong.