Hi I'm new to this board, and i have some questions about the RT5350F-OLinuXino-EVB:
- is there a connector for an external wifi antenna on the board? (or can it be soldered?)
- can this board be used as an "quest wifi" access point with no password?
- were can I download the user manual of this board? (I only could find the Ralink datasheet)
This board looks very promising, I want to use it as an "open wifi" quest network access point
Thanks in-advance, keep up the good work
I think there's no user manual - but the board is just a few items as shown in its schematic.
The board file may answer about the wifi antenna.
(I hope the datasheet covers the AP question.)
No problem I started with making a "Gettings started manual" for newbies
so that more people can enjoy this great developersboard
I placed the first draft on github:
Feel free to improve, modify, perfect it, just download the latest file modify it
and upload it with a higher version number
Our goals for this document are:
- Basic configuration of the RT5350F
- Configure the RT5350F so you can use it as an open "guest network wifi access point" (openwireless.org)
- How to configure mesh networking so this board can be used as an mesh network client (B.A.T.M.A.N ?)
- How to solder an external wifi antenna connector to the board (tips about how to do this properly with
So if you could help with perfecting this document in any way please do
Thanks in advance
Check this post for how we soldered a connector.
There are different cables available, I-PEX -> RP-SMA.