I'm quite new to using Pinguino. I have Pinguino OTG. I have installed the IDE on my PC, and the basic device driver installed successfully (when you have to hold the button and then connect the USB). However, when I am trying to go to bootloader mode, my PC gave me a message that the bootloader driver was not successfully installed because it was unplugged. It was really weird. Anyway, because of this, I am not able to load programs into the board. I really appreciate it if you can help me fix it.
The latest version of Pinguino IDE requires LibUSB drivers for the Pinguino bootloader. This is not the default driver so you need to replace it manually.
How to do it?
I would recommend using Zadig software. Download it from here: http://zadig.akeo.ie/ (http://zadig.akeo.ie/)
1. Plug the board in bootloader mode holding the button BUT and then applying power (so the two LEDs blink)
2. Start Zadig and go to Options -> List All Devices
3. From the drop-down menu select "USB HID Bootloader"
4. Replace the driver with the libusb-win32 one.
5. Now the board should work properly in Pinguino IDE 11.
Refer to the picture below: