The first part of the much awaited firmware/driver update on MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2 and MSP430-JTAG-TINY-V2 is ready. If you own one of the devices mentioned above please update the firmware by downloading the following archive: https://www.olimex.com/Products/MSP430/JTAG/MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2/resources/OLIMEX_MSP430-DLL_drivers_2_005.zip (https://www.olimex.com/Products/MSP430/JTAG/MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2/resources/OLIMEX_MSP430-DLL_drivers_2_005.zip)
Then follow the instructions below.
1. Connect the device to the USB type B cable
2. When prompted for drivers point manually the installer to folder Drivers_For_OS
3. Replace olimex.dll and/or msp430.dll (taken from IDE_dlls folder) in your IDE folder (for the free OLIMEX programmer software, IAR and CCS). NOTE! msp430.dll is the default .dll for original TI programmers so it is good idea to back it up before replacing it with our msp430.dll
4. In the IDEs select OLIMEX USB or original TI depending on the .dll(s) replaced.
5. Enter debugging mode from the menu of the programmer
6. Debug and if asked to update firmware choose to update it
This firmware should fix the crash of CCS v5.xx for JTAG-TINY-V2. It also fixes the problems in the standalone mode of MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2 and improves the algorithm for voltage and current consumption.
Note this version of the drivers is not suitable for the rest of the MSP430 JTAGs except for the above mentioned two.
New firmware for MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2 is now out! It fixes two serious issues:
- Fixed auto detection of interface
- Fixed external voltage detection and measurement
You can download it from here: https://www.olimex.com/Products/MSP430/JTAG/MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2/resources/OLIMEX_MSP430-DLL_drivers.zip (https://www.olimex.com/Products/MSP430/JTAG/MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2/resources/OLIMEX_MSP430-DLL_drivers.zip).
Follow the algorithm from my previous post to update the firmware.
Version 2.007 is now out. The latest and greatest firmware features improvements and bug fixes. The main features are:
1. Fixed SBW device recognition
2. Improved display contrast to make it more visible; changed choice selector with inverse color line (instead of the hard-to-see tick symbol - which now represents the last selected choice); changed behavior in stand-alone mode - now if programming fails you will have to press the left arrow
3. Improved support for several devices: MSP430F2132, MSP430F5438A and MSP430F449 among others
You can get it from here: http://www.olimex.dev/Products/MSP430/JTAG/MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2/resources/OLIMEX_MSP430-DLL_drivers.zip (http://www.olimex.dev/Products/MSP430/JTAG/MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2/resources/OLIMEX_MSP430-DLL_drivers.zip) or from the device's web page.
Thanks to all the customers who reported problems and/or expressed personal opinion on the product. Your feedback helps us to improve the products.