MSP430-JTAG-TINY-V2 not connecting with CrossStudio for MSP430 3.1

Started by aruntkkumar, February 17, 2021, 06:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aruntkkumar

I am having issues with connecting MSP430-JTAG-TINY-V2 with CrossStudio for MSP430 3.1. It works fine for CrossStudio for MSP430 2.2. When I try to connect, I am getting an error message and attached is the screenshot of the error message. Please let me know to resolve this issue.

Screenshot

LubOlimex

What screenshot? Can you publish it to file or image sharing web-site and post the link so we can see it.

Did you write in the Rowley CrossStudio forums and did you sent an e-mail to the Rowley team? They know their software and hardware support better.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

PeteW

Quote from: aruntkkumar on February 17, 2021, 06:16:54 PM...attached is the screenshot of the error message...

You should use link to the site where you posted the image.

I've edited your post for convinience

aruntkkumar

Thanks PeteW. :)

@LubOlimex: No, I have not contacted Rowley CrossWorks purely due to the multiple paths for DLL files requested than the normal one DLL file. I thought I could try Olimex support before contacting Rowley.

LubOlimex

I am not sure if this version of CrossStudio works with tools based on MSP430 Debug Stack version 2 (MSP430.dll v2) (like MSP430-JTAG-TINY-V2).

Maybe the software supports only tools with the newer MSP430 Debug Stack version 3 (MSP430.dll v3) tools.

Worth asking their support.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex