USB keyboard doesn't work with A20 Lime

Started by austinglaser, November 30, 2014, 09:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinglaser

I recently bought an A20 Lime. I've got it booting into debian with an SD card; however, I have so far been unable to get a keyboard to work. Per this thread (https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=1542.0) I thought it might be a USB speed issue, so I bought a USB hub. This doesn't seem to fix the issue; nor does plugging the keyboard into the USB OTG port.

I'm getting output from the board through a USB FTDI; it's not hooked up to a display. I'm using a 2.1A 5V power supply. The board recognizes the keyboard (and the hub) when they're plugged in, the keyboard has power, but I see no characters appearing at the prompt when I type on the keyboard.

All I really need to do with the keyboard is activate the ethernet so I can SSH into the board; I don't plan on using a keyboard to directly interface with it very often (if at all). Does anyone have any insight into the problem? Is there a debian image with ethernet/ssh already activated I could download to sidestep the problem entirely? Thanks!

austinglaser

UPDATE: As usual, I was being extraordinarily stupid. I had the TX line on my FTDI plugged in wrong, so serial wasn't getting through. Fixed that, and success!